Now Hiring – Lead I&E Designer
H+M Industrial EPC is currently looking for a Lead I&E Designer. This position leads Electrical and Instrument design efforts for projects related to heavy industrial facilities. This will include organization and planning of the overall design effort, and the monitoring and direction of junior designers and draftsmen.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
- Prepare electrical designs for industrial projects.
- Coordinate instrument specification, sizing, selection, and drawings.
- Determine control system specifications, software designs, and configurations.
- Apply design knowledge in power distribution, grounding, lighting, control systems, and equipment specification and selection.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, estimates, etc.
- Provide necessary building control lines and elevations for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials.
- Apply the NEC and perform calculations related to sizing electrical circuits and equipment.
- Apply knowledge of electrical engineering and design and be familiar with applicable Codes, standards, and acceptable industry practices.
- Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc. to supervisor.
- Verify instrument installation, calibration, and operation.
- Efficiently and accurately develop wiring and installation drawings for electrical equipment and instrumentation.
- Interact with designers and engineers within the E&I group, and from other disciplines, in a team environment to create multi-discipline design packages for construction forces.
- Works with client to resolve problems.
- Work within company policy as outlined in the H+M Employee Handbook as well as the H+M Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
- 10+ years of AutoCAD and/or Microstation experience in heavy industrial projects
- Experience leading small to mid-capital projects
- Thorough understanding and efficiency with standard design and drafting practices
- Experience with instrumentation, hazardous location wiring practices, panel design, and PLC hardware
- Must be able to calculate voltage drop, conduit fill, etc.
- NEC Code and Plant Specific Standard knowledge/comprehension a must
- Occasionally lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Sit for long periods of time
- Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch
- Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.