Now Hiring – Piping Design Checker
H+M Industrial EPC is currently looking for a Piping Design Checker. This position checks piping design for projects related to heavy industrial facilities. This will include organization and planning of the overall checking of design effort, and the monitoring and direction of junior designers and draftsmen.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
- Provide planning and direction for other designers in project specific tasks.
- Ensure design compliance with respective client/company specification and codes.
- Determine control system specifications, software designs, and configurations.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, estimates, etc.
- Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc. to supervisor.
- Ability for check and back check drawings produced by drafting personnel.
- Interact with designers and engineers within the mechanical group, and from other disciplines, in a team environment to create multi-discipline design packages for construction forces.
- Works with client to resolve problems.
- Work within company policy as outlined in the Employee Handbook as well as the Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
- 10+ years of AutoCAD, CadWorx and/or Microstation experience in heavy industrial projects
- 7+ years of recent Checking experience
- Experience leading small to mid-capital projects
- Thorough understanding and efficiency with standard design and drafting practices
- Code and Plant-Specific Standard knowledge/comprehension a must
- Strong Checking and leadership skills
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.